Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bookspotting: Week 33


This week I saw two Hong Kong guidebooks around town. I saw a boy in a school uniform carrying a Roald Dahl book through the MTR station. I saw a man carrying a Paul Theroux book toward the Mid-Levels Escalator, though I couldn't tell which one it was. I counted three Chinese books, and one textbook that could have been in any language. What are people reading in your town this week?

Mid-Autumn Festival is this week, and that means that my 100 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY will be ending on the 12th. To enter to win a $15 Amazon.com gift certificate, go to the link above and tell me one book that you have spotted someone reading in public. Happy bookspotting!

3 comments:

  1. On the flights home and at the airports, I saw quite a few people readig George Martin books,lots of different covers, so may have been either editions published in diffent countries or the various volumes, not close enough to see.I'm reading Somerset Maugham Of Human Bondage for my HK book group and my husband is reading Glenn Cooper Library of the Dead. My son has just finished Paul Murray Skippy Dies and is looking around our house for something for his flight back to Melbourne tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your bookspotting Joyce. I'm reading the third George Martin book now, and I can see why people are carrying them everywhere. I'm looking forward to hearing what your book group has to say. I hope you're having a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually finished recently George Martin's second book, so good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...