Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bookspotting: Engagement Week :)


This post is a little later than usual, but I have a good excuse: I got engaged on Sunday! It doesn't really have anything to do with bookspotting, but I thought I'd let you all know :).

Earlier this week on the MTR, I stood next to a Chinese man who was reading an English book that had the words "pastoral" and "salvation" in it (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Bible). I saw three different people standing on street corners and looking at the map section of guidebooks in various languages. One of the books had the word Enjoy! on the front. I saw a girl carrying a huge textbook called Tort Law in Central station. I spotted eight Chinese books this week, mostly on the MTR.

Have you spotted anyone reading a romantic book this Valentine's Day? What's your favorite love story?

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations for both of you! And it was on Valentine week. Nice terrace with all the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giora! This is a terrace I can see from my window. It looks particularly nice in the spring.

      Delete
  2. Big congratulations on your engagement!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I hope your first year of marriage is going well :).

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your engagement! How exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations on your engagement!!! That's so exciting!! I'm sure this Valentine's Day feels quite heavenly.

    I just saw a Twitter conversation about the most romantic stories and an author I follow wrote "The End of the Affair" by Graham Greene (which I loved). My favorite love story growing up was Erich Segal's "Love Story". I read the book once, but saw the movie many times, mostly as a pre-teen when it was on TV every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! We had a really nice Valentine's Day, and it's actually the first one that we've managed to spend in the same country after being together for 4 1/2 years.

      I've seen "Love Story" but I haven't read the Graham Greene one.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your engagement!! :D

    Hmmm, my favourite love story...oh there is too many to choose from! But I'd probably have to say something bittersweet like Romeo and Juliet or the romance aspect of The Hunger Games...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I loved the romance of The Hunger Games too. It felt more complicated and real than a lot of the YA romances out there. Have you seen the version of Romeo and Juliet with Olivia Hussey? It's one of my favorite movies.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to you and Seb! Wish I had come to Poetry on Wednesday, I intended to, but got back too late from my volunteer interview work at Lignan Uni in the back of beynd. I'll buy you a celebratory drink next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce! We didn't end up going on Wednesday, but we'll probably be there this week. Looking forward to catching up!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...